- 2 cups unbleached white whole wheat or whole wheat flour (King Arthur Flour is preferred)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup blend of whole grains and seeds that can include oat berries, millet, rye flakes and wheat flakes; plus flax, poppy, sesame and sunflower seeds. (Available from King Arthur as Harvest Grain Blend, or make it yourself.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk (or garbanzo or
- potato flour)
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or plain
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cold water, enough to make a cohesive dough
Preheat the oven to 300°F. Lightly grease a couple of baking sheets or one large one, or line them with parchment.
Mix the flour, oats, whole grains, parsley, dried milk and salt.
Add the eggs, peanut butter and honey and stir into dry ingredients to combine; the mixture will be crumbly.
GET THE BARK IN YOUR INBOX!
Sign up for our newsletter and stay in the know.
Add enough water to bring the dough together. Mix with a spoon, or if using a stand mixer, use a dough hook.
Drop (or form by hand) the dough into walnutsized balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten them to about 1/4".
Bake for about 45 minutes. When finished, the cookies will be dark golden brown, and will be dry and crisp all the way through.
Cool right on the pans.
Yield: 60 small (round) cookies.